Managing the Health and Safety of our employees is central to EME’s working philosophy, and as such we have a dedicated team reviewing our working policies and site performance to ensure all of our employees, clients and members of the public remain safe.
Our dedicated team - led by a company director and health and safety manager oversee health and safety on every project.
EME Installations Ltd will:
- Establish and implement a Health and Safety Management System to manage the risks associated with our premises and activities.
- Regularly monitor our performance and revise our Health and Safety Management System as necessary to ensure we achieve our objective of continuous improvement.
- Provide sufficient resources to meet the requirements of current Health and Safety legislation and aim to achieve the standards of 'Good Practice' applicable to our activities.
- Actively promote an open attitude to Health and Safety issues, encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting their health and safety and, in doing so, bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work safely and effectively, and to ensure they are competent and confident in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards and existing control measures. We will prioritise, plan and complete any corrective actions required to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Maintain our premises and work equipment to a standard that ensures that risks are effectively managed.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health and Safety are allocated, understood, monitored and fulfilled.
- Retain access to competent advice and assistance through the support of DAB Safety Services Ltd, thereby ensuring that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and 'Good Practice'.
It is the duty of all of us when at work:
- To take reasonable care of our own safety.
- To take reasonable care of the safety of others who may be affected by what we do or fail to do.
- To co-operate so that we can all comply with our legal duties.
- To ensure we do not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
The latest news...
As part of its commitment to lowering carbon emmisions, EME are pleased to have installed the first of its vehicle charging points at EME House. EME have chosen two Rolec "AutoCharge: EV Pedestals",...Read more
EME have donated to the air ambulance along with Bowmer & Kirkland. The Air Ambulance Service operates the national Children’s Air Ambulance and the local air ambulance services for...Read more
We have another intrepid runner in the office. Nerissa Baseley our estimating assistant is taking on the challenge of the Great North Run, a half marathon in Newcastle on 11th September. ...Read more
Congratulations to our accountant Amanda Kane, who completed the London Marathon with an amazing time of 05:31:05 on Saturday 24th April - She raised an incredible £5k+ for the charity "Children...Read more
EME are proud to announce that we have raised a staggering £1000.00 through bake sales and selfless donations from personell for Loros Hospice who provide free, high-quality, compassionate care...Read more
EME is proud of it’s long association with the National Apprenticeship Scheme. This year, for the first time we have offered both Electrical and Mechanical Apprenticeship Opportunities. The...Read more
We are proud to sponsor the Regeneration Category for the Pro-Con awards.Read more
EME had a grand day out at the Tigers stadium with representatives from ASHE, Henry Brothers, D W Hicks and Roxhill.Tigers managed to secure their place in the play-offs by defeating Northampton...Read more
EME set their employees a task to create a vision statement for our business going forwards, there were 20 responses in total and our mechanical estimator Matt Simpson was chosen as the best response,...Read more
Some of the EME office team scaled Mount Snowdon during a weekend Team Building exercise to Snowdonia and although there were a few drama’s a good time was had by all. We would like to...Read more
EME Installations have been included in the inaugural publication of The London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, a list of the 1000 most inspiring small and medium-sized...Read more
EME have been approved as a nominated contractor through the East Midlands Property Alliance framework agreement for refurbishment projects within East Midlands. working along side Principal...Read more
EME have secured with Seddon Construction the M&E Services for a new state of the art £4m new Primary School EME Installations have secured with Seddon Construction the electrical,...Read more