All our employees take responsibility to ensure our social, economic and environmental policies are integral to our work in practice.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Environmental policy.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fairs terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in all areas of our business.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.
We strive to be an employer that embraces equal opportunity and diversity.
We seek to eliminate unlawful discrimination and promote equal opportunities by satisfying the objectives and intentions of all relevant legislation and codes of practice pertaining to equal opportunities in employment.
The policy commitment of the Company is to:
- Review selection criteria and arrangements frequently
- Ensure individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- Ensure employees are given equality of opportunity and encouraged to progress within the Company by recognising and valuing employee’s different backgrounds, knowledge and experience to develop an effective workforce which meets our customer’s needs.
- Monitor the effective implementation of our aim on a regular basis.
The intent is supported by our documented Business Management System.
The policy and associated documentation is made known to all employees and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
The latest news...
Four EME employees Danny Shewring, Joel Marston, Leon Tyers and Ben Moore, as Team EME will be cycling from London to Paris from 5th – 9th September 2018. The team will be averaging a gruelling...Read more
As part of EMEs commitment to the continued personal development of its employees EME has welcomed Schneider, Herz Valves, Gent, Dehn & Proteus to deliver training on their products and the latest...Read more
On Saturday 21st April, EME attended a team building event at The Adventure Sports Centre in Warwickshire. The group split into 4 teams and took part in various activities to score points, these...Read more
As part of its commitment to lowering carbon emmisions, EME are pleased to have installed the first of its vehicle charging points at EME House. EME have chosen two Rolec "AutoCharge: EV Pedestals",...Read more
EME have donated to the air ambulance along with Bowmer & Kirkland. The Air Ambulance Service operates the national Children’s Air Ambulance and the local air ambulance services for...Read more
We have another intrepid runner in the office. Nerissa Baseley our estimating assistant is taking on the challenge of the Great North Run, a half marathon in Newcastle on 11th September. ...Read more
Congratulations to our accountant Amanda Kane, who completed the London Marathon with an amazing time of 05:31:05 on Saturday 24th April - She raised an incredible £5k+ for the charity "Children...Read more
EME are proud to announce that we have raised a staggering £1000.00 through bake sales and selfless donations from personell for Loros Hospice who provide free, high-quality, compassionate care...Read more
EME is proud of it’s long association with the National Apprenticeship Scheme. This year, for the first time we have offered both Electrical and Mechanical Apprenticeship Opportunities. The...Read more
We are proud to sponsor the Regeneration Category for the Pro-Con awards.Read more
EME had a grand day out at the Tigers stadium with representatives from ASHE, Henry Brothers, D W Hicks and Roxhill.Tigers managed to secure their place in the play-offs by defeating Northampton...Read more
EME set their employees a task to create a vision statement for our business going forwards, there were 20 responses in total and our mechanical estimator Matt Simpson was chosen as the best response,...Read more
Some of the EME office team scaled Mount Snowdon during a weekend Team Building exercise to Snowdonia and although there were a few drama’s a good time was had by all. We would like to...Read more
EME Installations have been included in the inaugural publication of The London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, a list of the 1000 most inspiring small and medium-sized...Read more